Admissions Eligibility

High School GraduatesGraduates of a Non-Accredited High School
Accelerated High School Students       Dual Enrollment
InternationalNon-credit Students


High School Graduates

  • A student who holds the Alabama High School Diploma, the high school diploma of another state equivalent to the Alabama High School Diploma, or an equivalent diploma issued by a non-public regionally accredited high school; or
  • A student who holds a high school diploma equivalent to the Alabama High School Diploma issued by a non-public school and who has passed the Alabama Public High School Graduation Examination; or
  • A student who holds a high school diploma equivalent to the Alabama High School Diploma issued by a non-public high school and has achieved a minimum American College Test (ACT) score of 16 or the equivalent score (790) on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT); or
  • A student who holds the Alabama Occupational Diploma, the high school diploma of another state equivalent to the Alabama Occupational Diploma, or equivalent diploma issued by a non-public high school and has achieved a minimum ACT score of 16 or the equivalent score on the SAT (790); or
  • A student who holds a GED Certificate issued by the appropriate state education agency.
  • A student who holds a Certificate of Attendance is eligible for admission to a course not credible toward an associate degree.  Applicants with less than a high school diploma or GED must also have on file documented ability-to-benefit.

Graduates of a Non-Accredited High School

A student who presents a diploma demonstrating successful completion of a course of study on the secondary level based upon the Carnegie units required by the state education agency at the time of the award (currently 24) and minimum ACT score of 16 or the equivalent score on the SAT of 790.  If the above requirements are not met, the student must take a GED Test.

Dual Enrollment  ( - link current info too)

Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit High School allows eligible high school students to enroll in college classes concurrently with high school classes, either on the college campus or at the high school, and receive both high school and college credit, provided the student is in grades ten, eleven, or twelve; has a "B" average; and has written approval of the Principal and Superintendent.

Accelerated High School Students

  • A student who meets the provisions of state policy which allows students to enroll who have completed the tenth grade, who have a cumulative "B" average, and who have been recommended by the local principal may enroll.  The student may enroll only in postsecondary courses for which high school prerequisites have been completed.
  • Exceptions may be granted by the Chancellor for a student documented as gifted and talented according to the standards included in Alabama Administrative Code §290-8-9-.12.


For the protection of the public and to assist in maintaining state and national security, persons who are not citizens of the United States may not be admitted to any public two-year college for the purpose of enrolling in flight training, or in any segment or portion of a flight training program, until appropriate certification and approval have been received from the Office of the Attorney General of the United States, pursuant to Section 113 of the Aviation Transportation and Security Act, regulations of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and all other applicable directives.

Prior to being issued an I-20 form, international students must present the following:

  • A student must present an official translated copy of his/her high school transcripts and college transcripts, if applicable, (translation of all documents is the responsibility of the student); and
  • Official transcript showing a minimum of 500 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), 61 on the internet-based TOEFL, or 173 on the Computer Based Test, mailed from the Educational Testing Service to the Office of Admissions, unless from an English-speaking country; and
  • Signed, notarized statement declaring acceptance of full responsibility for their financial obligations while attending Wallace State Community College; and
  • Documentation demonstrating adequate health and life insurance that must be maintained during all periods of enrollment; and
  • Completed application for admission.
  • Transfer students must also
  • Be in-status with the Immigration and Naturalization Services; and
  • Be in-status at the most recent college/university attended; and
  • Complete a transfer eligibility form from college from which transferring; and
  • Have I-20 transferred to Wallace State Community College via the SEVIS program.


  • A student who has previously attended another regionally or Council on Occupational Education accredited postsecondary institution will be considered a transfer student.
  • Transfer students on academic or disciplinary suspension from another college or university must submit a written request to the College Admissions Committee for admission.
  • A student who has completed the baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution will be required to submit only the transcripts from the institution conferring the highest degree.
  • Transfer students with less than a baccalaureate degree must submit transcripts from all colleges attended and either high school transcripts with graduation date or proof of completion of GED. See General Admissions Procedures.


  • A transfer student who attended another postsecondary institution and who seeks credit for transfer to that parent institution may be admitted to the College as a transient student.
  • The student must submit an application for admission, residency form, and an official letter from the institution that certifies that the credit earned at the college will be accepted as a part of the student's academic program.
  • The student will be expected to document that course prerequisites have been met.

Non-credit students

Non-Credit Students who enroll exclusively in non-credit courses may be granted admission without a minimum score on the ACT or SAT, a GED Certificate, or transcripts from a high school or college.


Individuals who previously attended Wallace State Community College and who seek to return after an absence of one semester (excluding the summer term) must submit an application for readmission, comply with current admissions requirements, and supply transcripts of all academic work taken since last attending WSCC.